Why Are Candles So Relaxing?
Have you been feeling a little stressed lately? Are you looking for ways to relax and unwind? If so, then you may want to consider using some scented candles. There is something about the scent of a candle that can help calm your nerves and ease stress. Many different types of fragrances can create an atmosphere that will make you feel more relaxed.
Candles help your mind and body relax. The scent of a candle can have a calming effect on your mood. It can also help reduce anxiety and depression. You don’t need to light a room full of a candle flame to enjoy its benefits. A blossom]-scented candle placed around your home or office can do wonders.
Here are some reasons why scented candles are so relaxing:
1. Scent: The smell of a candle can help you relax. When you inhale the aroma of a candle, it triggers chemicals in your brain that make you feel relaxed. This is called olfactory conditioning. Olfactory conditioning triggers the release of endorphins which helps relieve pain and stress.
2. Lighting: Candle lighting has long been associated with relaxation. Light from a candle creates a warm glow that can help you relax. It can also help you sleep better at night.
3. Warmth: Many people find that sitting near a burning candle feels like sitting next to a fireplace. The warmth of the flame can help keep you comfortable.
4. Color: Some people prefer white candles, while others prefer colored ones. White candles are often associated with purity and cleanliness. They are usually made out of paraffin wax. At the same time, colored candles are often made out of soy candle wax. These candles tend to be more expensive than white ones. However, they last longer and burn brighter.
The Benefits Of Candles
Aside from relaxing, candles can improve your health as well. Here are some of the benefits of candles:
1. Cleaning: Using candles can help cleanse your house and is one of the best advantages of candles. They can remove odors and smoke from your home. They can also help eliminate dust mites and other allergens. To use candles for cleaning, place them in areas where you notice bad smells. Then, let them burn until all traces of odor are gone. Once this happens, you can put away the candles.
2. Deodorizing: Another advantage of candles is you can also use candles to deodorize your home. Place them in areas that get smelly. Let them burn until the area becomes free of odors. Afterward, you can dispose of the candles.
3. Decorating: One of the most common benefits of candles is that you can decorate your home. For example, if you want to add a cozy ambiance to your living room, you can use candles to set the mood. Please place them in small bowls or vases around your home. You can even use them to enhance your décor.
4. Heating: If you live in cold climates, you can use candles for heating purposes. You can place them on windowsills or fireplaces. The flame’s heat will help keep you warm during the winter months.
5. Health Benefits: Candles can also help boost your health. Using candles can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. They can also help prevent heart disease. Many doctors recommend that patients with high blood pressure avoid smoking and drinking alcohol. Instead, they should try using candled.
6. Meditation: Some people meditate best when they’re alone. If you’re one of these people, you may enjoy using candles to help you relax. All you need to do is light a few candles and sit down. You’ll begin to calm down as the fragrant scent fills your nostrils.
7. Safety: When you use candles, make sure that you don’t leave any open flames unattended. Also, never leave candles alone on a table or countertop. This could lead to a fire. Always extinguish candles before leaving a room.
8. Soothing: You can create soothing scents when you use candles. You can use different types of oils, such as lavender oil, to create calming scents. You can also use essential oils to help relieve stress. Just make sure that you only use pure essential oils. Never use synthetic oils.
9. Smelling Good: Sometimes, you want to smell good. If you have trouble sleeping at night, you can use candles. Light a candle and inhale its fragrance. It will help you fall asleep faster.
10. Spiritual Connection: Many people believe that candles can connect us with our spiritual side. When we light a candle, it helps us feel closer to God. We can pray while holding a burning glass candle. We can also hold a candle near an image of Jesus Christ.
Candles Soothe And Relieve Stress
Studies have shown that candles can reduce anxiety and depression. One study found that women who used aromatherapy candles had less tension than those who didn’t. Another study showed that people who lit candles were more relaxed than those who didn’t use tallow candles.
When stressed out, you might not know what type of single candle works best for you. However, some basic rules apply to all kinds of candles.
They Enhance Sleep Quality
Lighting candles before bedtime has been proven to improve sleep quality. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine found that lighting a candle with notes before bed helped people get better-quality sleep.
The researchers concluded that the candle’s flickering light provided a sense of security. The best candle scent for sleep is an aromatic night time scent.
They Improve Concentration
Some people who are always busy find that candles help them focus better. Lighting a candle can help you concentrate by blocking out distractions. One of the best scents to try for concentration are citrus-scented, and natural scents wax candles.
Candles Improve Your Mood
Lastly, you can light a candle if you’re having a bad day. The scent will help lift your spirits. Some people feel connected with their spiritual side when they light a candle. Consider lighting a candle if you’re looking for ways to unwind after a long day.
Smell is one of the human senses which can flow through the whole body. I am the Founder of NeoCandle.com where we talk all about scented candles. Known as Candace the Candle Girl, I know pretty much all there is to know about scented candles. I make and sell them on Etsy and Ebay – so be sure to ask if you have any burning questions 🙂 (pun intended 😉 )