Our Ultimate Guide To Making Baby Powder Scented Candles
If you love the smell of baby powder and want to get creative making your own fresh fragranced candles at home, you are in the right place.
To make baby powder-scented candles all you need is baby powder-scented fragrance oil, a candle container, wax and candle coloring.
In our short guide below, we will discuss what to consider before making your scented candle as well as a step-by-step guide on how to make your baby scented candles at home.
What To Consider When Making Your Baby Powder Scented Candle
Before we get into our guide to making your baby powder scented candle, let’s start with the main factors to consider so that you can make sure your candle comes out the way you want.
- Less can be more – Go easy on the fragrance oils, candles should have around 6%-10% of their weight in fragrance for the best scent throw from the liquid candle wax. We have a better guide for judging the amount of fragrance oil you need here.
- Consider the wax – Paraffin wax often holds the scent better than other types like soy and coconut, soy can be more particular with scents so often needs more of a fragrance load, they are however better for your health.
- Use the right wick – Think about the wick your using, some come in cotton and others in wood, make sure it’s the right size for your candle, too long and it will burn unevenly which can affect the quality of the smell.
- Think about the candle size – The larger the candle, the more fragrance oil you will need to use in it. Also, consider using multiple wicks for better burning and diffusion of the fragrance. Large candles should be used in large rooms and vice versa for small ones for the best scent throw.
How To Make Your Baby Powder Scented Candle (Step By Step)
If you want to try making your baby powder scented candles at home but you are unsure of the steps, we have a great guide below which will take you through the process.
What You Need
- Candle container.
- Wax flakes of choice.
- Baby powder fragrance oil.
- Double boiler.
Step By Step
- Begin by figuring out the volume of your candle container then measure out the amount of wax you will need.
- Fill a pot halfway making your double boiler then melt the wax till it reaches around 180F. Prep your candle container by glueing the wick in the middle then hold it stable with a pencil.
- Weight out the baby powder fragrance oil, many people recommend once ounce per pound of wax, stir this in at 140F.
- Pour in the melted hot candle wax and allow it to cool, make sure your clean baby powder candle has a lid on and cures for around two days or more depending on the kind of wax you have used.
- Trim the wick, light and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Baby Powder Candles
Is there a candle company which makes baby powder scented candles?
Many popular candle company brands make baby powder scented candles such as Yankee Candles, it is a common scent for people who want something fresh.
What scented candles are safe for babies?
The safest scented candles for babies are Beeswax or soy candles, Paraffin wax candles can emit chemicals when lit.
What are the healthiest candles to burn indoors?
Beeswax candles tend to be the healthiest to burn indoors, then comes soy and coconut wax candles, and paraffin wax candles are the most harmful.
To conclude, baby powder scented candles are easy to make at home as long as you have some wax flakes, a wick and your baby powder scented fragrance oil.
Make sure you’re adding enough fragrance according to the size of the candle that you want to make and trim the wick before burning.
Smell is one of the human senses which can flow through the whole body. I am the Founder of NeoCandle.com where we talk all about scented candles. Known as Candace the Candle Girl, I know pretty much all there is to know about scented candles. I make and sell them on Etsy and Ebay – so be sure to ask if you have any burning questions 🙂 (pun intended 😉 )