What Are The Meanings Of Different Candle Flames?
Candles have been around for centuries and used for all sorts of things, like providing light or burning as a means of communication. But did you know that the color of the flame can also be interpreted to mean something? Check out this guide to learn more about the meanings behind different candle colors!
What do the colors of a candle’s flame mean?
The color of a candle’s flame can provide insight into what is happening in your life. Here is a guide to help you interpret the meanings behind different candle colors:
If your candle’s flame is red, it could symbolize passion, desire, or anger. It could also indicate that you are undergoing a change or transformation.
If your candle’s flame is pink, it could represent love, romance, and friendship. It could also signify healing and hope.
If your candle’s flame is orange, it could mean that you are full of energy and vitality. It could also indicate that you are going through a creative period.
If your candle’s flame is yellow, it could represent happiness, joy, and intellectual stimulation. It could also indicate that you are feeling optimistic about the future.
If your candle’s flame is green, it could symbolize growth, abundance, and fertility. It could also indicate that you are feeling connected to nature.
If your candle’s flame is blue, it could represent peace, tranquility, and communication. It could also signify healing and protection.
If your candle’s flame is purple, it could symbolize strength, power, and royalty. It could also indicate that you are going through a spiritual awakening.
If your candle’s flame is white, it could represent purity, innocence, and new beginnings. It could also signify truth and guidance.
If your candle’s flame is black, it could represent mystery, darkness, and the unknown. It could also indicate that you are going through a period of introspection.
What does it mean if the flame of my candle is flickering?
If your candle’s flame is flickering, it could symbolize that you are feeling unstable or uncertain. It could also indicate that you are experiencing a lot of change in your life.
What does it mean if the flame of my candle is smoking?
If your candle’s flame is smoking, it could symbolize that you are purifying yourself or your environment. It could also indicate that you are releasing negativity from your life.
What does it mean if the flame of my candle is too high?
If your candle’s flame is too high, it could symbolize that you are feeling overwhelmed or out of control. It could also indicate that you are putting yourself in danger.
What does it mean if the flame of my candle is too low?
If your candle’s flame is too low, it could symbolize that you are feeling powerless or defeated. It could also indicate that you are not putting enough effort into your goals.
Why are pink and blue candles popular for weddings?
The reasons for this are twofold. First, blue is a traditional symbol of loyalty and faithfulness, making it an ideal choice for a lifelong commitment like marriage. Pink, on the other hand, is a symbol of love and affection. Together, these two colors represent the perfect union of two hearts. Second, pink and blue candles are simply beautiful to look at. The delicate shades create a romantic atmosphere perfect for a wedding ceremony. Whether you choose to use both colors or just one, pink and blue candles can help to make your special day even more memorable.
What is the significance of a white candle flame?
A white candle flame is often used to symbolize purity and peace. The color white is associated with positive energy and good vibes, making it a popular choice for rituals and spellwork meant to promote harmony and balance. In addition, white candles are often used in prayer and meditation, as their calming presence can help to still the mind and encourage a deeper connection to the Divine. Whether you’re using a white candle for ritual purposes or simply enjoying its gentle light, there’s no doubt this humble flame can symbolize great meaning and power.
Moreover, we have also written an article in which we briefly explained the meaning of the candle on the window. You should also read about it.
How can you use candle meanings in life and business decisions?
In many cultures, candles are used for both practical and spiritual purposes. For example, in some Native American traditions, candles are used in ceremonies to help connect with the spirits of nature. In other cultures, candles bring healing energy into the home. Regardless of the specific tradition, some general candle meanings can apply to your life and business decisions.
For instance, the color of a candle can be significant. White candles, for example, are often associated with purity and new beginnings. If you’re starting a new business venture or embarking on a major life change, lighting a white candle can help you stay focused and motivated. Red candles, on the other hand, can symbolize passion and power. If you’re searching for a new job or looking to make a major career change, lighting a red candle can help you tap into your power and attract abundance.
In addition to color, the scent of a candle can also be significant. Different aromatherapy scents have different effects on the mind and body. For example, lavender is often associated with relaxation and stress relief. If you’re feeling overwhelmed or burnt out, lighting a lavender-scented candle can help you find much-needed peace and calm—similarly, citrus scents like lemon and orange boost energy and mood levels. If you’re feeling Dragica or need an extra pick-me-up, lighting a citrus-scented candle can help give you the boost you need.
By learning about different candle meanings, you can use them to your advantage in life and business decisions. The next time interval you feel stuck or uncertain about which direction to take, consider lighting a candle and see what message it has for you.
What are some other interesting candle facts that you may not know about?
1. The first recorded use of candles dates back to 200 BC. However, remember that the Egyptians used rushes and reeds dipped in tallow for light long before that.
2. Beeswax is the only edible wax—which might explain why it’s sometimes used as a food glaze.
3. The oldest surviving colored candle company is experienced in making beeswax candles—harnessing a skill that’s remained unchanged for over 7 centuries! They supplied beeswax candles to both churches and empires, such as Napoleon’s France.
4. You can make your candles from crayons!
5. The world’s largest candle of choice was made in 2014 and stood at over 16 feet tall—weighing an impressive half a ton.
6. People used to think that earwax and candlestick wax were related—both being yellow and sticky. It wasn’t until the 17th century that people realized they were made of different materials entirely.
7. Lead was once a common ingredient in candlesticks because it helped the candle wick stand upright. However, it was also poisonous—thankfully, that’s no longer the case!
8. In Tudor England, beeswax candles were a status symbol—with the wealthy displaying them in their homes to show off their wealth.
9. In China, people made “ghost woman” candles from human hair—to ward off evil spirits, of course!
10. In the Middle Ages, people believed that if you blew out a pink candle with your nose, it would bring you good luck.
11. If a beeswax candle starts to drip, it means that rain is on the way. Conversely, fine weather is coming if a tallow candle combo drips.
12. In some parts of Europe, it was once traditional to leave a burning candle in the window to help guide lost souls home.
13. If a candle’s strong flame starts to flicker, it’s a sign that someone is thinking of you.
14. If you want to make a wish come true, write it down on paper and then slow burn it using a white candle.
15. Lighting candles is a great way to relax and de-stress. Lighting a candle wax can help center your intention in mind and bring a sense of calm.
16. Finally, many religions, such as Buddhists, Catholics, and Hindus, use candles as part of their ceremonies or rituals. Hindus believe that light dispels ignorance, while Buddhists see the light as a symbol of the divine truth that enlightens all beings. For Catholics, lighting a candle is a way of sending prayers to God.”
Moreover, the color of the candle flame changes after you cure it. Read our article about how long it takes to cure the candle and change its flame color.
Smell is one of the human senses which can flow through the whole body. I am the Founder of NeoCandle.com where we talk all about scented candles. Known as Candace the Candle Girl, I know pretty much all there is to know about scented candles. I make and sell them on Etsy and Ebay – so be sure to ask if you have any burning questions 🙂 (pun intended 😉 )