How To Put Out A Candle With Your Fingers?
Have you ever witnessed someone putting a candle out with their fingers and wondered, how do they not get burnt?
Well, although this isn’t the safest method of putting a candle out, you can successfully do it without getting burned, we’ve gone into further detail below.
Why We Do Not Recommend Putting A Candle Out With Your Fingers
Before we show you how to put a candle out with your fingers, we must stress that we don’t recommend this method due to the risk of you getting burned.
A candle when burning has a temperature of around 1000F, this could cause a severe burn on your fingers if you are not careful, you could also knock it over by accident or potentially damage the wick.
Our Step By Step To Putting A Candle Out With Your Fingers
If you’ve decided you want to give it a try and put your candle out with your fingers, we’ve got a step by step guide for you to check out below.
- First of all, light your candle then lick your fingers, this step is important to stop your fingers from getting burned.
- Quickly grab the wick then let go, the candle flame should now be out!
Other Ways To Put A Candle Out
If you don’t want to risk a nasty burn when putting a candle out, we recommend trying these safer methods –
- Use a candle snuffer – This is a popular and specialised tool for putting out candles and works immediately by placing over the flame and cutting off the oxygen.
- Get a lid – By putting a lid on your candle, it cancels the oxygen supply.
- Blow it out – This is the easiest way to put out a candle flame, however take care not to blow so hard that the wax splatters.
- Damp cloth – Simply hold the damp cloth over the flame until it goes out.
- Metal object – A spoon or another metal object can be used to put a candle out by cutting of the oxygen, just hold it over the flame.
To conclude, putting a candle out with your fingers is possible, by making sure your fingers are wet, however, there is a risk of your fingers getting burned, so try a candle snuffer for a safer way.
Smell is one of the human senses which can flow through the whole body. I am the Founder of NeoCandle.com where we talk all about scented candles. Known as Candace the Candle Girl, I know pretty much all there is to know about scented candles. I make and sell them on Etsy and Ebay – so be sure to ask if you have any burning questions 🙂 (pun intended 😉 )