What Are The Benefits Of Soy Wax Candles?
Soy candles are raved about in the candle world thanks to them being an all-natural alternative to standard candles made of chemical paraffin wax which emits toxins when burned, but did you know they are also good for your skin?
Soy candles have many benefits, and one of them is that they make a great lotion for your skin thanks to their melting point which doesn’t burn you.
We’ve discussed further below what soy wax is, the benefits of soy wax lotion candles for your skin and some other benefits of burning soy wax candles in your home!
What Is Soy Wax?
Before we get into all the benefits of soy wax candles, let’s start with what soy wax is and how it’s made.
Soywax is a completely natural wax which is made from vegetable soybeans oil, after the beans of soy are harvested they are then cleaned, cracked and dehulled to make the soybean crop into flakes.
These flakes are then melted together to make candle wax and even lotion candles which help with skin hydration. Soy wax candles tend to be preferred over paraffin candles since they are entirely natural.
Why Is Soy Wax Candles Good For The Skin?
If you’ve heard of soy wax candles, then you might have heard of lotion candles too, lotion candles contain soy wax which is heated and then rubbed into the skin, due to the nature of soy wax this does not burn you.
Lotion candles provide the following benefits for the skin when applied.
- They moisturise and firm skin – Lotion candles are excellent for moisturising skin and can promote collagen levels resulting in firmer-looking skin.
- Help with skin repair – These candles have anti-aging properties and can be used as skincare products to help repair the skin from damage such as sun burn.
- Improve skin texture and uneven skin tone – Soy lotion candles can help with uneven skin tone thanks to the melanin inhibiting properties which get rid of dark spots.
Benefits Of Soy Wax Candles
Apart from soy wax candles making great lotions, this type of candle wax also has many other benefits for burning in your home which we’ve listed below.
- They are non-toxic – Soy wax is a vegetable wax and is most importantly toxic free! Paraffin wax can release lots of nasty toxins into the air when burned, making it a great alternative to have around your pets too!
- Less likely to burn skin – Soy wax has a lower melting point than paraffin wax and therefore does not burn the skin which is why it can be used as a lotion!
- All natural and burn clean – Soy wax is all natural and doesn’t contain anything artificial, paraffin wax however does not burn clean and can harm you and the air around you.
- Can give a stronger scent – Since soy wax burns cleaner than paraffin wax it can often smell better, this is also because they evaporate at a slower rate.
Frequently Asked Questions About Benefits Of Soy Candles
Are soy wax candles better than beeswax candles?
Soy wax candles and beeswax candles are both great natural alternatives to paraffin wax candles, beeswax candles are more expensive however and are less sustainable.
Do soy wax candles smell better?
Soy wax candles are argued to smell better than paraffin wax candles since they have a natural smell rather than artificial chemicals, paraffin candles however hold scent better since they are artifical.
To conclude, soy candles have many benefits, among their most important ones are that they are natural and therefore burn clean, thanks to the melting point they also do not burn the skin and therefore can be used as a lotion!
Paraffin wax candles are more commonly used in budget candles and release chemicals and toxins into the air when burned.
Smell is one of the human senses which can flow through the whole body. I am the Founder of NeoCandle.com where we talk all about scented candles. Known as Candace the Candle Girl, I know pretty much all there is to know about scented candles. I make and sell them on Etsy and Ebay – so be sure to ask if you have any burning questions 🙂 (pun intended 😉 )