Our Guide To Making Fruit Scented Candles
Everybody loves floral-scented candles, but what about fruit scented candles to make your home smell fresh?
To make fruit scented candles you would need to find fruit scented fragrance oil of your favourite kind, whether this is orange-scented oil or mango scented oil.
Down below we will discuss if you should use fruit essential oil or fragrance oil in your homemade candles as well as how to make your own fruit scented candle at home without step by step guide.
Should I Use Fruit Scented Oil Or Fruit Fragrance Oil In My Candles?
When looking for candle scents for your fruit scented candle you might come across both essential oils and fragrance oil and wonder what the difference is for your fruit candles?
Essential oils are the more natural alternative to fragrance oils in candles while fragrance oils are artificially made. To make stronger-smelling candle creations we would suggest using fragrance oil since it has a better scent throw and a longer shelf life.
Our Step By Step Guide To Making Fruit Scented Candles
If it’s your first time making types of candles which are fruit scented, this candle project is much easier than you think.
We’ve listed how to make your candle down below.
- Wax colour.
- Fruity fragrance oil.
- Soy wax.
- Candle wicks.
- Popsicle stick.
- Place a wick in the bottom of a mason jar then glue down with some hot glue, in the meantime melt your soy wax in a pan, use a spatula to heat it until the wax is melted.
- Stir in your wax colour as well as some fragrance drops and allow to cool for a bit longer.
- Pour your melted wax into a container, and keep the wicks steady with your sticks. Allow the candle to cool for at least 24 hours before lighting the candle.
Tips For Making Your Fruit Scented Candle
If you’ve decided to make fruit scented candle products into a small side business or maybe it’s your first time making a scented candle, we’ve listed some great tips for beginner candle makers down below.
- Take notes of your fragrance – Whether you mix two kinds of fragrances or add more or fewer drops each time you make your fruit scented candle, make sure to take notes so that you can replicate the changes if it turns out the way you want.
- Practice – Practice truly makes perfect when it comes to candles, there will be a few candles which turn out to be not the way you want but keep at it.
- During the curing process, always keep the lid on, if you are living in a hot temperature, it will let the candle cool quiciker.
- Make sure the wick is the right size – It’s important your wick is trimmed and the right size for your candle, always trim 1/4 off before usage too so it can burn properly.
- Burn it right – The first time you light your candle allow the wax to melt evenly to the edge, avoid blowing it when it is pooling only around the wick otherwise this can cause a tunnelling effect.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fruit Scented Candles
How much do fruit fragrance oils cost?
Fruit fragrance oils cost anywhere between £1.50 and £2.00 each, making them quite expensive.
What are some good mixes of fruit fragrances?
You can always try mixing fruit fragrances to make unique scents, this could be orange and mango or lemon and orange for example.
Why does my candle smell funny?
If your candle smells funny then you might have put too much fragrance oil or too little, the wax combustion process during burning can also give off a bad smell sometimes.
Overall, fruit scented candles can be made easily with some fruit scented synthetic fragrances and a color of choice. Getting the right ratio of scent might take some practice, but you can experiment each time to which scent smells the best to you.
Smell is one of the human senses which can flow through the whole body. I am the Founder of NeoCandle.com where we talk all about scented candles. Known as Candace the Candle Girl, I know pretty much all there is to know about scented candles. I make and sell them on Etsy and Ebay – so be sure to ask if you have any burning questions 🙂 (pun intended 😉 )
- 1 Our Guide To Making Fruit Scented Candles